[kaffe] Re: Characters and Bytes conversion

Ito Kazumitsu kaz@maczuka.gcd.org
Sun Jan 18 14:46:02 2004

I am going to take a move towards importing GNU Classpath's
java.io.InputStreamReader and java.io.OutputStreamReader
in the following way, and I would ike to hear your opinions.

:> I experimentally imported GNU Classpath's java.io.InputStreamReader
:> and java.io.OutputStreamWriter and the result was successful.
:>
:> This is what I did.
:>
:> 1. Copy the following files from GNU Classpath and use them as they are.
:>
:>    gnu/java/io/encode/Encoder.java
:>    gnu/java/io/decode/Decoder.java
:>
:> 2. Copy the following file from GNU Classpath and modify it for
:>    use with kaffe.
:>
:>    gnu/java/io/EncodingManager.java
:>
:> 3. Copy the following files from GNU Classpath and change the
:>    package name from "java.io" to "javatest.io".
:>
:>    java/io/InputStreamReader.java
:>    java/io/OutputStreamWriter.java
:>
:> 4. Make the following new files.
:>
:>    gnu/java/io/encode/KaffeEncoder.java
:>    gnu/java/io/decode/KaffeDecoder.java
:>
:> 5. Make a test program.
:>
:>    TestKaffeEncoding.java