[kaffe] Re: Bug Status of Kaffe

Ben Burton bab at debian.org
Fri Jan 2 16:14:02 PST 2004

reassign 210716 gcj-3.3
thanks

> So basically, jython has been compiled by a buggy compiler ;)

Confirmed: I've just uploaded a new jython package that builds using
jikes-gij instead of gcj, and the problem goes away.  Of course jython
still crashes with kaffe, but that's just the old "specifying JNI path
loses bootstrap classes" problem that presumably will go away if and
when somebody uploads a new kaffe to debian.

It seems then that this bug belongs to the gcj-3.3 package, which was
generating the incorrect bytecode.  I'm reassigning this accordingly.

To anyone else trying to reproduce this bug: you'll want some version
of jython between 2.1.0-11 and 2.1.0-15 inclusive (not the newer -16 in
sid, which now builds using jikes-gij instead).  I've put the 2.1.0-15
packages up at http://people.debian.org/~bab/bugs/ .

Ben.