[kaffe] CVS kaffe (dalibor): Fixed handling of FTP URLConnections

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sun Jan 11 18:45:03 PST 2004

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 4326
> Date: 2004/01/12 02:34:26
> Author: dalibor
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Fixed handling of FTP URLConnections
>
> 2004-01-12  Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
>
>         * libraries/javalib/gnu/inet/ftp/Handler.java:
>         New file.
>
>         * libraries/javalib/profiles/default/inet.files:
>         Added gnu/inet/ftp/Handler.java.
>
>         * libraries/javalib/gnu/java/net/protocol/file/Handler.java
>         (openConnection): Attempt to open an FTP connection if necessary.
>
>         * libraries/javalib/java/net/URL.java
>         (DEFAULT_SEARCH_PATH): Added gnu.inet.

This let's me run Babylon Chat [1] server on current kaffe from CVS
apparently fine in -nographics mode. Since it uses Swing, its GUI can't
run on stock kaffe yet, without swing111.jar.

The client uses Swing for GUI as well, so it currently fails as well.
Volunteers are needed, as usual, to speed up the merge of GNU
Classpath's AWT and SWING implementation to get these apps to run fully
on kaffe ;)

[1] http://visopsys.org/andy/babylon/