[kaffe] Java Sound / ALSA code updated

Matthias Pfisterer Matthias.Pfisterer at web.de
Tue Jan 13 10:49:01 PST 2004

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Hallo Matthia,
>
> Matthias Pfisterer wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I updated the Tritonus (Java Sound API implementation) code in the
>> upstream CVS to compile with the ALSA 1.0 API.
>>
>> I would suggest to take over these changes into kaffe.
>

> Wow, thanks a lot for the kind reminder! I really appreciate maintainers
> of the upstream projects we use the code from pointing us to new,
> mergeworthy features.

Ok, so I'll keep this habit.

By the way, are there any outstanding issues with respect to the Java
Sound code from your perspective? Are there reports from users trying to
use it in kaffe?

I tried to do some tests, but didn't manage to build the latest kaffe
cvs (well, messed up my system).

And just another question: when/how will handle kaffe the transition to
generics? I noticed that kjc can already handle this. But the bigger
problem seems the adaption of the collection classes. One new interface
in the 1.5 version of the Java Sound API needs Map<String, Object>. I
want to make sure this is available in kaffe before I update my code.

Matthias

--
Matthias Pfisterer	<mailto:Matthias.Pfisterer at web.de>
Reuchlinstrasse 28	phone ++49-711-62 87 12

Work like you don't need the money.
Love like you've never been hurt.
Dance like nobody is watching.

Java Sound Resources (examples, FAQ, applications):
http://www.jsresources.org/

Tritonus, the open source implementation of the Java Sound API:
http://www.tritonus.org/