[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.3 (JVM) for familiar (linux on iPAQ) -> crash on PXA cpus

Gérard Basler gerard.basler at starticket.ch
Wed Jan 14 00:41:02 PST 2004

Kero,

I was very, very happy when I read your post! So I installed it... and
that's what happend:
/mnt/hda # kaffe helloworld
Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
java/lang/NullPointerException
Aborted

This is how far I got when I cross-compiled it first.

I'd be thrilled to run kaffe on my h5500 and I figured out how to
compile and start the interpeter at least:
SP_OFFSET = 20
start kaffe with -ss 256k to prevent stack overflows.

I don't think that my fix is the best way to solve this problem but it's
better than nothing.
The JIT has to be fixed too...

Gérard