[kaffe] java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Jan 17 06:44:02 PST 2004

Hi Raja,

raja n wrote:
> Hai,
>     i am running kaffe on yopy .String.replay(replacestring,replacingstring) . while calling this methos i am getting
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/lang/String.(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/Stri
> ng;)Ljava/lang/String;ÿE_#9787;
>         at yopydemo.MainScreen$1.run(MainScreen.java:884)
> I am getting following exception in here.Please tell  the reason.kaffe 1.1.0 doen't having this method. what is the reason.

Thanks for the bug report.

There is (and never was, afaik) no method called replay in
java.lang.String in JDK API [1], so kaffe doesn't implement that method.

You might have mistyped the method, though. Then I'd recommend taking a
look at the annotated CVS history of java.lang.String in kaffe's CVS [2]
to see when a method was added to kaffe's java.lang.String.

The method you want might have been added later, or not at all. You may
be able to backport it to 1.1.0 or not at all.

[1]
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/lang/String.html
[2]
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/libraries/javalib/java/lang/String.java?annotate=1.40