[kaffe] Dumping live threads:

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Jan 17 07:41:02 PST 2004

raja n wrote:
> hai,
> I am getting following exception wehn i am ruuning the application.Some time it's happening .I am using awt thread. Please tell the reason.Please reply back imm.
>

> Dumping live threads:
> `Thread-31' tid 0x259e010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x266ec48 (0x259e010->|)
> `Thread-30' tid 0x2614010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x25fc900 (0x2614010->|)
> `Thread-29' tid 0x267f010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x2480d50 (0x267f010->|)
> `AWT-EventQueue-0' tid 0x2463010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x20468d0 (0x2463010->|)
> `gc' tid 0x2189010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x21741b0 (0x2189010->|)
> `finaliser' tid 0x2180010, status SUSPENDED flags DONTSTOP
>  blocked at 0x20e7d80 (0x2180010->|)
> Deadlock: all threads blocked on internal events

That's the reason: the threading system deadlocked.

Unfortunately, you may have to debug and fix this yourself on your
platform [1]. I'd recommend reading FAQ.debugging, reading the source
for the thread subsytem you're using, and firing up gdb. I'd be glad to
accept patches that improve the threading system you're using to avoid
such problems.

You should also pay attention to compiler warnings and try to fix these
first, they may indicate some problems with the source that don't strike
that severly on other platforms.

[1] Unless some other yopi developer can help you.