[kaffe] Re: [Jessie-discuss] 0.9.6

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jan 23 09:39:02 PST 2004

Hi Casey,

sorry for the long delay.

Casey Marshall wrote:

> Dalibor> Would it make sense to merge this into kaffe as well?
>
> That's be a pretty good idea, even though it isn't complete yet. As-is
> it provides basic support for X.509 certificates, which is missing in
> Kaffe right now.

I've checked out the sources from CVS, but I can't get them to build
without javax.crypto, which is not in kaffe yet (unknown legality of
distributing strong crypto from US, etc., we'll let GNU Classpath
project figure it out, and follow in their step ;).

> Dalibor> I also seem to remember that you had done some work on
> Dalibor> implementing a policy file parser? What's the status of that
> Dalibor> work?
>
> I have an initial implementation, but can't get it to work with Kaffe
> yet. So it is pretty complete, but untested.
>
> My version is here:
>
>    <http://metastatic.org/source/PolicyFile.java>

Merged in, works partially. Check out the source from CVS HEAD, that
should give you a starting point for changes. Since our java.security is
not (fully) merged with Classpath, some problems may be due to that.
Please post to the mailing list when you need things merged in from GNU
Classpath (or ask Jim for a CVS account ;).

Run programs with kaffe -Dpolicy.provider=gnu.java.security.PolicyFile
to try your PolicyFile code out.