[kaffe] Re: Updating Jessie

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jan 23 09:41:02 PST 2004

Hi Casey,

sorry for the long delay.

Casey Marshall wrote:

> Is it possible to add the source trees from these projects into some
> 'upstream' directory of javalib, and compile them along with
> everything else, based on config flags?

Not at the moment. I have no idea how I'd go about implementing
something like that atm.

> And by 'possible' I mean 'not a complete pain in the ass'.

There is complete pain in the ass way, though ;)

Copy the files into libraries/javalib, run find to list all the new
files, and append the output of all new files to
profiles/allatonce/all.files.

> Or: is there any plan to add an extension directory to Kaffe?
> Analogous to the ext/ directory in other JREs?

I've fixed Kaffe's install-jar script to put jars into kaffe's lib dir,
and kaffe script will pick them up automatically. Just use install-jar
my-crypto.jar.