[kaffe] re:CVS kaffe (dalibor): Moved compiler regression tests into their own directory

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Jan 29 09:54:02 PST 2004

Hi Mark,

Mark and Janice Juszczec wrote:

> Are these tests for kjc or the build environment used to create kaffe?

Both ;) They test for known bugs in (kaffe's) kjc. Since kaffe uses it's
own kjc by default during the build, it also tests the build environment ;)

It's sort of a reminder that kjc as we have it (slightly patched) is has
  got some reported (but not fixed yet) bugs. So in theory, when the kjc
developers check in a patch in their CVS fixing the problem (under the
assumption that the problem occurs with the unpatched kjc), and tell us
about it, we can test that fresh kjc quite easily against our regression
tests for kjc to see if it works. Or when someone else (guilhem and ito
are the resident kjc gurus) comes up with a patch. ;)