[kaffe] Re: circular linking difficulties

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Mon Jul 5 00:30:44 PDT 2004

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:16:17 -0400 (EDT)
Rob Gonzalez <rgonzale at wso.williams.edu> wrote:

Hi Rob,

sorry for the delay.

> Are you sure that the problem we see there isn't that UnknownElement is in
> the midst of linking when that checkMethodCall() call is made?

More or less. The real problem seems to be that superclasses are brought
to LINKED when the subclass is LOADED. If verification of the superclass
requires the subclass to be LINKED, kaffe will incorrectly throw a
ClassCircularityError.

With the attached path, I can run ant somewhat more successfully (It fails
because isArray(TNULL) doesn't work properly). However, it changes the
way classes are loaded so I might have broken something.

Regards,
Helmer