[kaffe] Compiler the source fail

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 6 05:28:51 PDT 2004

Hi Victor,

Victor Yu (游勝義) wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>     My CPU is Intel XScale IXP-422. And use the MontaVista Linux. I compile the source to have following problem.
> Please help me. Thanks you.

thank you very much for your bug report. I think that you have found a
bug in gcc, not in kaffe.

> support.c: In function `callMethodA':
> support.c:681: error: insn does not satisfy its constraints:
> (insn 1102 658 659 52 (nil) (set (reg:DF 1 r1)
>          (reg/v:DF 16 f0)) 197 {*movdf_soft_insn} (nil)
>      (nil))
> support.c:681: internal compiler error: in reload_cse_simplify_operands,
> at reload1.c:8345
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html <http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> > for instructions.

The internal compiler error is an error message from gcc saying that the
compiler has occured an internal failure. You should submit a bug report
to gcc developers on http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html . The page has
detailed error reporting instructions for gcc, as far as I recall.