[kaffe] patch for kaffe1.0.7jit3 code runing on MIPS

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Jul 7 10:13:51 PDT 2004

Yoshiharu Oba wrote:
> Hi Dalibor
>
> I appreciate your advice very much. Now I'm writing a changelog and
> remake a new patch, It's also included.

Thanks a lot! I'll go through it, and see what needs to be applied to
the CVS head. It's great that you got JIT & JIT3 to work. I'd like to
get your changes in, and then look at Casey's patches for JIT & JIT3
from this spring.

> Wed Jul 07 11:00:00 JST 2004  Yoshiharu Oba <ooba at ps2.1ba.co.jp>
>
>        * config/mips/common.h: Defined the PS2LINUX macro and undefine
>        the MIPSII instructions macro. the COMPARE_AND_EXCHANGE macro that is
>        imported same macro from KAFFE-1.1.4.
>        * config/mips/jit.h: Add current stackpointer register into
>        the structure of exception frame.
>        * config/mips/threads.h:Align FP_OFFSET and SP_OFFSET macro with linux
>        * config/mips/linux/md.h: Align FP_OFFSET, EXCEPTIONPROTO macro with linux
>        * config/mips/mips.c:Fetch the return address from the stackpointer
>        that is under certain instruction. (What reason, the exception frame is
>        built on the stackpointer when exception occurs in INTERFACE class.
>        In this case, Walk backwards process uses the stackpointer
>        instead of the framepointer )
>
>        * config/mips/jit3-icode.h: Undefine the double types instruction.
>        Only the PlayStation2, Although it has FPU, since only double type
>        instructions does not have.
>        * kaffe/kaffevm/jit3/icode.c: Its on the same reason.
>        * config/mips/jit3-mips.def: Bug fixes, How to use of floating point
>        register was corrected.
>        * configure: Add sgidefs.h
>        * kaffe/kaffevm/debug.c: For cleaning linker error
>
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>Thanks! One more question: have you looked at Sun's code, decompiled it,
>> or signed an NDA that would prevent you from contributing the code to
>>kaffe? I have to ask :)
>

> I have not looked at Sun's code. Certainlly I have not decompiled it and
> have not signed such documents.

Thanks, I had to ask, since we'd like to prevent a situation where
someone could pull an SCO on kaffe.

keep the nice patches coming :)