[kaffe] Building kaffe 1.1.4 under Fedora Linux

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 9 04:23:45 PDT 2004

Minh Nguyen wrote:
> Hi Guilhem,
>     I've just erased Fedora and installed Suse 9.1
> instead. I then tried to rebuild kaffe 1.1.4 and it
> went smoothly like a breeze :-)
>     So the bottom line is: Suse is better than Fedora!

Heh :)

Actually, it was abug I introduced in order to fix a crash on
parisc-hpux, which only allows mprotect on mmapped memory, afaik, so I
removed the mprotect code altogether. Given that now fedora requires ti
do the mprotect ... well, Guilhem found the bug and fixed it in the CVS
:) 1.1.5 should work on Fedora, too, when it comes out.