[kaffe] CVS kaffe (jserv): Qt AWT backend cleanup

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Sat Jul 10 04:51:07 PDT 2004

> Qt AWT backend cleanup
> 	Clean up X specific comments and macros for advanced
> 	refactoring.
> 	Better way to dump debug messages.
> 	Update copyright note.

Here is my note for Qt AWT backend:
  1. continue cleanup process.
  2. implement some un-implemented native parts:
     . Java_java_awt_Toolkit_graAddClip
     . reconvertImage (routine)
     . Java_java_awt_Toolkit_fntIsWideFont
     . Java_java_awt_Toolkit_fntGetWidths
  3. Unicode
     Both Kaffe core and Qt suppots Unicode well, but current
     implementation lacks the consideration while combination.
  4. Event handling with Qt
     Current implementation makes use of some Qt relative hack,
     and I am sure it is more elegant to replace them with
     better one.
  5. Bug-fixing
     To be honest, Qt AWT backend is buggy, and it is really
     hard to map Java AWT to Qt.

Any feedback and bug-report are important for me to work on
Qt AWT backend, and feel free to tell us in ML.

cheers,
Jim Huang