[kaffe] Plans and progress
robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Jul 15 18:29:47 PDT 2004
Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> To the request of Jim Huang, I am posting my plans and progresses here:
Me too, with considerable delay :)
> * HP-UX/parisc (libffi): For the moment the debugging of this
> architecture is suspended while we investigate the possibility to
> incorporate libffi in kaffe. sysdepCallMethod has apparently some
> problems on this architecture so we'll try later with libffi to see if
> that solves the problems.
Yep, I want to look at how pnet does it, too.
* switch profile support over to scheme proposed at . pretty much
done, I'll have to deal with the bignums first, though.
* make classpath's pure java big nums the default, as they can be built
* build gmp big nums as well, if gmp is available
* use gmp.m4 from m4/gmp to detect gmp
* use bootclasspath prepending to switch between them, like my awt/swing
* make pthreads the default threading system. necessary for gtk peers.
* if kjc has problems compiling all of the class library at once, switch
to jikes as the default compiler.
* in that case, fix jikes problems with the regression test suite.
* swing & awt merge from classpath, finally.
on the porting side of things:
* find a replacement function for strtod that works on irix wrt to
Float.MIN_VALUE bug reported by riccardo. ito posted about netbsd strtod
back last year when we had a similar convesation wrt double values.
check the usual suspects (gnulib, gcc lib, ...)
* fix the remaining PROMOTE_* breakage in support.c. my bug :(
* merge in libffi machinery from pnet. enable it as default on linux, if
debian tests with it are positive.
* merge in the outstanding mips (casey) & arm (helmer?) patches
* find a way to distinguish xscales with different sp_offsets. fabien
reported that his xscale board had the same sp_offset that strong arms had.
on the merging side of things:
* merge in remaining patches in the queue. (jim's awt font stuff,
benja's patches, older things I must have missed)
* keep kaffe in close sync with classpath (i plan to resync us once a
week, at least)
* resync import cleanups back to classpath (started)
* resync with jaxp & gjdoc. native code fun ;)
* merge in gnu crypto & rest of jessie. check with jim pick for crypto
* merge in gcjwebplugin. that's after swing merge.
* merge in jacorb.
* merge in xoe awts from jim huang
* merge in the non-mainstream ports (ecos, dos, beos, cris, ...)
on the code quality side of things:
* fix the -Wall warnings on all linux platforms with gcc 3.4.0/3.4.1.
* merge in arnaud's xlmized docs
* generate javadocs for class library code.
More information about the kaffe