[kaffe] Can't find libawt?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 16 03:27:52 PDT 2004

Jerry wrote:
> Hi robilad:
>    Thx for your reply!
>

>>>when i tryed program of qtopia,it return also these warnings,but that time

>>>can pass "-qws" to the application,when there was a higher layer between
>
> it
>
>>>,how can I pass it to the application.I tryed "kaffe Calc -qws".It
>
> doesn't
>
>>>work.
>

>>>Internal error: caught an unexpected exception.
>>>Please check your CLASSPATH and your installation.
>>>java/lang/NullPointerException
>>>Aborted

Hi Jerry,

thanks, I didn't notice the toolkit method was found in libawt.so.
Looks like there is some other problem. You could try raising the stack
size, for example, or using the interpreter instead of the ocassionally
flaky kaffe arm jit. But the best way is to fire up gdb and see what
breaks. :)

On a side note, Jim Huang fixed a crash with kaffe's qt awt today,
afaik, so that might help, too ;)