[kaffe] How to install kaffe in a pda?

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 19 11:58:11 PDT 2004

Inma Marín López wrote:
> Hello all!!
>
>  Has anybody installed kaffe in a pda? If so, I would like to know how
> it was done. To run "compile" and "make install" over the pda, what
> files have I to copy in the pda?

If you want to build kaffe *on* the PDA, the build process is the same
as on a desktop box: copy the source over, untar it, configure && make
&& make install.

If you want to cross-compile for the PDA, check out
http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.cross-compiling

If you want to slim down your kaffe on the PDA, check out
http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.embedded

The simplest way to deal with paths is to make sure you configure kaffe
with the prefix where you want it installed on your PDA, and to move the
installation from the desktop to the PDA.

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/my-kaffe/ && make && make install

and then copy over the  /usr/local/my-kaffe/ directory to the PDA.

hope this helps,