[kaffe] Problem loading non-class files from jar (Velocity on Tomcat5)

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at mail.hidec.co.jp
Thu Jul 22 01:25:26 PDT 2004

Hi,

In message "[kaffe] Problem loading non-class files from jar (Velocity on Tomcat5)"
    on 04/07/22, Alan Tam <Tam at SiuLung.com> writes:

> I tried Velocity on Tomcat (running on kaffe CVS head) and it failed
> with NullPointerException when it is trying to load velocity.properties,
> which is included in velocity.jar. Strace on both Kaffe and Sun VM shows
> the difference.

I do not think my experience can be of any help, but here I use
Velocity 1.4 on Jetty 4.2.20 on kaffe (ChangeLog head: 2004-05-14
Guilhem Lavaux <guilhem at kaffe.org>), and they all work fine.

Velocity's log says:

14:09:36.799 EVENT   Velocity   [info] Starting Jakarta Velocity v1.4
14:09:36.799 EVENT   Velocity   [info] RuntimeInstance initializing.
14:09:36.800 EVENT   Velocity   [info] Default Properties File: org/apache/velocity/runtime/defaults/velocity.properties

And the default velocity.properties seemes to have been loaded from
WEB-INF/lib/velocity-dep-1.4.jar.