[kaffe] Re: m68k jit3 (was: jit3 expert wanted!)

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Fri Jul 23 00:31:57 PDT 2004

In <200407230100.i6N10nE10980 at snoopy.src.ricoh.co.jp> Kiyo Inaba  wrote:
> I made a patch file to solve some problem on m68k jit3. In this patch
> you can find two modifications. The first one is suggested by Helmer
> not to emit code for spilling unneeded registers. The second one is
> to comment out a function which emits unimplemented code. (Usually,
> 68k machine instruction is so orthogonal, but cmpi inst can not accept
> address registers...)

to clarify for all, so that other... can think about it

CMPI = Compare Immediate

CMPI #<data>,<ea>

but I don't understand your "address registers". Although the motorola
manual says "only data addressing modes can be used" the explicative
tables say:
DN -> reg. number:Dn
An -> N/A
(An)
(An)+
and many others

and so further on. In Motorola syntax no parentheses mean register
direct access, parentheses mean indirect access (with possible increment
etc)

What do you mean i s that you can't compare to An directly? that is, An.
I never noticed this, but other instructions, like BTST or MULS have the
same restriction.

Beides, if kaffe generates this code wrong I wonder if and how it ever
has worked...

-Riccardo