[kaffe] NetBSD/sparc error

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jul 23 20:37:09 PDT 2004

Riccardo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is the error I get on 1.6.2 NetBSD/sparc using teh default
> threading, which is pthreads now (1.6 netbsd has only user-land pthreads)
>

> In file included from /home/multix/kaffe-cvs/netbsd-sparc/../kaffe/kaffe/
> kaffevm/systems/unix-pthreads/jthread.h:20,
>                  from ../../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffeh/../kaffevm/classMethod.
> h:21,
>                  from ../../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffeh/support.c:23:
> /home/multix/kaffe-cvs/netbsd-sparc/../kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-
> pthreads/thread-internal.h:15: semaphore.h: No such file or directory
> gmake[3]: *** [support.o] Error 1

Thanks for the bug report, Riccardo. NetBSD 2.0 has/will have semaphore
support as far as I can tell from the online docs.

So one option would be to special case all semaphore handling, and not
doing it when no semaphores are available. The other option would be to
investigate if classpath's gtk peers can run with jthreads somehow.