[kaffe] Re: m68k/jit3 can print "Hello World!"

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Sun Jul 25 07:20:54 PDT 2004

Hi again,

I made a mistake. The function which causes SEGV is
	ResourceBundle.tryBundle

BTW, I compared the performance between jit and jit3 for m68k.
This was once discussed in this ML for several years (...) ago,
but I think there were no conclusion.

Simple test to use HelloWorldApp.class with jit
$ time $JAVA HelloWorldApp
Hello World!
       59.19 real        51.03 user         7.34 sys
And with jit3
$ time $JAVA HelloWorldApp
Hello World!
       66.18 real        58.06 user         7.23 sys

Of course it may vary between test case, and I hope I will report
more results in the future. But at least for this simple case,
jit3 is slower than jit on m68k/netbsd. This is same result with
m68k/linux last time.

Kiyo