[kaffe] A question about "JNI_OnLoad"

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sat Jul 31 03:00:29 PDT 2004

embstudy at eyou.com wrote:

>About the question, plz refer to
>http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg06677.html
>
>and a similar question,
>http://www.mail-archive.com/kaffe@kaffe.org/msg06811.html
>
>No one knows what happened??
>I think there is something wrong with its implementation.
>I noticed there once a similar discuss about it relating to "java-genome".
>
>Saw

Hi,

Sorry for the really (:() long delay. This problem is not related to
JNI_OnLoad but more to the architecture itself. You may have noticed
that the NullPointerException occurs in the native implementation of
System.initProperties. We have already had trouble with some other
architectures at exactly the same place and we expect it may come from
sysdepCallMethod. I know that Dalibor Topic was investigating some way
to distinguish the difference between same xscale architectures.

Dalibor, any news on that front ?

Regards,

Guilhem Lavaux.