[kaffe] Moving gcRefs.[ch]

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sat Jul 31 03:43:11 PDT 2004

Hi,

I'm currently removing all kaffe-gc specific code from the core VM and
putting it into kaffe-gc. This implies that we don't need anymore
walkMemory and walkObject. These GC calls were specific to kaffe-gc. The
reference marking will be moved directly into kaffe-gc and I'll write an
equivalent for the boehm-gc.

To inform the GC of Thread objects, I'll have to transform some atomic
malloc calls into non atomic malloc calls. This will force the GC to
walk the complete thread contexts and to look for new objects inside it.

Afterwards, I may also be able to implement soft references in both GC.
And so two new JNI calls. :)

Cheers,

Guilhem.