No subject

Tue Jun 22 17:11:04 PDT 2004

11th basic class to be loaded... perhaps there's something going funny
in the JIT?  I've no idea what the status of Kaffe on Alpha is
(frankly, I'm surprised it got as far as it did :)...

> % /usr/local/bin/java Samp
> mem/gc-mem.c:315: failed assertion `blk->free != 0'
> Abort (core dumped)
>
> (Hmmm.. memory, garbage collecting...)

The specific error you're seeing is that the GC system finds a page of
objects on its free list, but when it looks, the page claims to have
no actual free objects.  This is an internal consistency check, and
usually indicates that something is trashing the gc block header (with
a zero in the right spot).

> So, have I stuffed up here or is there a problem? BTW CLASSPATH is not
> defined.

Good.  You don't have a stale installation of Kaffe lying around that
might be getting in the way?

You can check where the classes are actually being loaded from by
running a debugging build of Kaffe like:
	'kaffe -vmdebug INITCLASSPATH asdf'
That'll print full paths to various .jar files Kaffe is using.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
			  Mean people suck.