[kaffe] Help needed in buliding kaffe-1.1.4 for Xscale PXA with awt-x

Kero van Gelder kero at chello.nl
Sun Jun 20 23:25:04 PDT 2004

> I think my ARM board has X because i can start it using startx and
> also run xterm.

good!

> On by build I have arm toolchains.

very good!

> Do i need to have X11 for arm on my build pc as well? If yes, then
> from where can i obtain it?

I copied the header files from a skiff, I think. Though I once built X
for arm myself (actually... that was to make kaffe work :)

http://www.handhelds.org/projects/devcluster.html

Ah, yes, and I dumped the X11 headers in the toolchain include
dirs. Perhaps not the cleanest solution, and gets slightly annoying
when you upgrade the toolchain.

The libraries can be used from your own ARM board. I suggest copying
them to your PC.

> Can i use the X11 from my ARM (copying
> to build pc)? In which case how do i tell "configure" about it?

  --x-includes=your/path/to/X11/include
  --x-libraries=your/path/to/X11/lib

or something very much alike usually do the trick.

> I also want to include extensions like comm, servlets how to do it?

I pass.
Anyone?

+--- Kero ----------------------- kero at chello.nl ---+
|  all the meaningless and empty words I spoke      |
|                      Promises -- The Cranberries  |
+--- M38c --- http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+