[kaffe] Solaris pthread broken...

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Thu Jun 3 09:41:03 PDT 2004

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Riccardo wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> besides needing to add "-lnsl -lsocket -lposix4" to be able to link,
>> kaffe fails this way:
>>
>> Compiling classes from  @pure_java_math.files  using  /home/multix/kaffe-
>> cvs/sunos-build/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc -mx 256M at.dms.kjc.
>> Main
>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: java/security/Permissions
>>    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass (ClassLoader.java:135)
>>
>> the last exception repeated every time kjc is invoked.
>

> Ciao Riccardo,
>
> thank you very much for your bug report, I've checked in a fix for the
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError. I haven't got around to fixing the
> LDFLAGS yet.

I believe I've fixed the LDFLAGS problem now as well. I've merged in
some posix checking code from ac-archive.sf.net. Riccardo, would you be
so kind to update your CVS checkout and try again?

The only remaining thing is that I'm not sure whether I need to set
-lposix4 somewhere. If your test shows that it needs to be set, I can
take the check for that from gcc's configure.ac.