Merging in Classpath and PocketLinux AWT (Was Re: [kaffe] CVS kaffe (dalibor): Implemented -Xbooclasspath options)

jsimmons at pentafluge.infradead.org jsimmons at pentafluge.infradead.org
Fri Jun 4 11:05:03 PDT 2004

> > Yipes. That is alot of work. The approach I have been doing is to create a
> > kaffe peer working with Classpath. Its alot of work which is not complete.
> > I can send you what I have.
>
> Hello James,
>
>   I am the guy who makes GNU Classpath's gtk-peers working on Kaffe, and
> I'd like to adapt your approach to create Kaffe's peers working with GNU
> CLasspath. Could you mind send me your progress and working files?
>
>   Really glad to see Kaffe is getting stronger and stronger in many
> aspects, especially in AWT/Swing implementations.

I have been busy pounding on kaffe as well as the linux kernel. Right now
my kaffe/classpath work wouldn't compile. Presently I'm moving alot of
variables to the peers. A good example is NativeData. It's mostly moved
over but not all the way. The other problem I'm tackling is the Insets.
If you want to see my work I can post a patch. Note the code changes alot
per day.