[kaffe] NEWS: GNU Classpath's AWT/Swing now runs on KaffeVM.

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Jun 7 09:06:02 PDT 2004

jserv at linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 04:00:46PM +0200, Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>Hmm, my current build seems to compile without needing a patch to the
>>cairo files ... I'm using cairo 0.1.23. which version do you use?
>

> Before apt-get upgrade, I used libcairo 0.1.18 to build GNU Classpath's
> gtk-peer, and I found the version changed to 0.1.23 with recently
> upgraded, so that I works for me right now.
>
> However, should we keep compatibility with old version of libcairo due
> to its old version being shipped with many platforms or distro?

I guess we could simply add a pkg-config check for cairo version >= 0.1.23.

> It seems to be ready to get gtk-peer relative stuff merged to kaffe's
> cvs tree. :-)

Pretty much, yes. There are a few remaining problems that indicate a bug
in kjc, i.e. I get

Compiling classes from  @profiles/default/awt.files  using
/tmp/topic/current/bin/kjc -s1.4
javax/swing/Box.java:58: error:Cannot find class
"AccessibleAWTContainer" [JLS 8]
javax/swing/JDesktopPane.java:62: error:Cannot find class
"AccessibleJComponent" [JLS 8]
gmake[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 1

with the new classes. It seems that our kjc doesn't put the names of
inherited inner classes into the 'default' namespace. I'll look into
that later, but for now I'm working on workarounds.