[kaffe] Kaffe-1.1.4 ./configure WARNING and ERROR report

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Fri Jun 11 10:51:02 PDT 2004

Takashi Kihara wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
>
>>hi Takashi,
>>

>>Thanks for the bug report. Could you post the relevant sections of your
>>config.log?
>>
>>cheers,
>>dalibor topic
>>

> I sent last email, it was attatched config.log.
> I am not sure whitch part is important, I am sending all of this.
> but it is some huge file ? around 600 kbyte then compressed by gzip.

Hi Takashi,

Thanks for that. I've kept the config.log off the mailing list in order
not to cause any incenvenience for people not interested in cygwin.

I've looked at the headers again, and they don;t seem to be really used,
beside being included in config-*.h files. What are these headers used
for, normally?

I'm thinking about simply removing the include statements from kaffe,
and the tests from configure.ac as they break. I doubt these include
files are very useful as we don't use any windows-specific functions, as
far as I know.

If we need to keep these include statements around, we'll have to find
out which include files need to be included before win* to use them, and
adapt the AC_CHECK_HEADERS tests accfordingly, like it was done for
linux kernel specific headers.