[kaffe] Re: OpenBSD/sparc link errors

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Fri Jun 11 14:12:04 PDT 2004

Hey Dalibor;

> Hi Riccardo,
>
> thanks for your bug report. It appears that you don't have gettext
> installed. In that case, you'll need to either install it, or
> configure  with --disable-nls, or to use gettxtize to add an libintl
> directory into  the sources, and patch Makefile.am and configure.ac
> accordingly

I wanbted to add gettext being that the cleanest solution for the moment.
But I found that I have

gettext-0.10.40p1   GNU gettext

installed...

on openbsd pports install in /usr/local and my config line is already:
./kaffe/configure --with-includes=/usr/local/include --with-libraries=/
usr/
local/lib -C --with-jikes=/usr/local/bin/jikes

so it should have no toruble !

configure:24286: checking for xgettext
configure:24320: result: no

I think you might have just forgotten a linker flag (like -lintl?): look
at this output of configure.log

configure:25010: checking for GNU gettext in libc
configure:25065: result: no
configure:25099: checking for iconv
configure:25211: result: yes
configure:25221: checking how to link with libiconv
configure:25223: result: -liconv
configure:25612: checking for GNU gettext in libintl
configure:25735: result: yes
configure:25764: checking whether to use NLS
configure:25766: result: yes
configure:25769: checking where the gettext function comes from
configure:25780: result: external libintl
configure:25788: checking how to link with libintl
configure:25790: result: -lintl

-Riccardo