[kaffe] JAR zip must be somehow broken

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Thu Jun 17 05:00:06 PDT 2004

Hey,

I compiled NetBSD/sparc and I had to use ZIP or jar assembly would file.
On HP-UX it does the same... (when using jikes)

On OpenBSD/sparc, with jikes,  I get the following (I think I didn't get
those and it seems that using jikes makes jar break even more than usual!)

Issued 1 system warning:

*** Semantic Warning: The file "/home/multix/kaffe-cvs/openbsd-sparc/
libraries/javalib/rt.jar" does not exist or else is not a valid zip file.

then mallorn froze, but the damage is already clear, same problem as on
hp-ux or elsewhere

I installed now zip and retry. But something is clearly broken here and
it seems in loose relation with the use of jikes.

-Riccardo