[kaffe] Konqueror's KJAS and kaffe-1.1.4.PRE1.1.5-5 (debian/unstable)

Koos Vriezen koos.vriezen at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 19 10:09:42 PDT 2004

Hi,

FWIW I tried kaffe with konqueror's kjavaappletviewer and after removing some
code in the KJAS archive, I actually got something working.
These are the things that didn't work (and I had to change):
- All swing stuff I had to change to the awt version
  (for what I saw on the ml, this is addressed in  a next version?)
- java.awt.Toolkit.createImage(java.net.URL) is missing.
  (browing cvsweb made me think that this could be added relatively easy, as
   java.awt.Image has a constructor that gets an URL as an argument)
- java.security.Security.getProviders(java.lang.String) is missing
  (actually konqueror with KIO doesn't really need this anymore, so a stub
   would do just fine)

So, its only a small list (so far) and solveble in KJAS itself. However one
can never know what applets need for them self, so if any of you developers
could look at this..

Tia,

Koos Vriezen

Btw, I more or less maintain KJAS nowadays, so if there are any remarks..
Btw2, I'm not subscribed..