[kaffe] Re: Loading stops after 2 classes

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Fri Jun 25 02:32:18 PDT 2004

Fabien Renaud wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>> With HEAD version,
>>

>> With gdb, I have a segmentaion fault :
>> #0  0x4005b178 in detectStackBoundaries (jtid=0xb0018,
>>    mainThreadStackSize=1048576) at signal.c:487
>> #1  0x400564c8 in jthread_createfirst (mainThreadStackSize=4096,
>>    prio=5 '\005', jlThread=0x0) at jthread.c:1353
>> #2  0x40049568 in initNativeThreads (nativestacksize=-1073745920)
>>    at thread.c:741

Hi Fabien,

This segmentation fault is 'normal'. You can tell gdb to continue the
execution and this will work.

However the lockout tells that the stack size and/or stack pointers is
not exact. As we get the segmentation fault I guess it is the stack size.

As it is a linux architecture I guess adding '#include
"kaffe-unix-stack.h"' in config/arm/linux/md.h should be sufficient to
clear the bug. Could you try ?

> I forgot to say that I used unix-jthreads.
> I tried with unix-pthreads and ................. AWT runs !!!  Huurraa !!!

Great ! :)

Cheers,

Guilhem.