[kaffe] File descriptor leak

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Thu Jun 24 15:51:10 PDT 2004

Hi,

I've tried using kaffe to run the testsuite for the Nice[1] compiler
(which involves a fair share of reflection and classloading). It soon
fails, and after some investigation it's due to file descriptors running
out (watching /proc/<id>/fd/*, it fails exactly when 1024 are used,
which is the limit). Looking at the file open, I see a lot of
duplicates. That is, many different descriptors refer to the same file.
These files are indeed opened several times, so the problem seems that
they are never released.

Is this a known bug? As far as I remember, I used to be able to run the
testsuite before, so this looks like a regression (no 100% sure of
course, since Nice also changed).

I'm using the 1.1.5 prerelease in Debian.

Daniel
PS: please CC me on replies.

[1] http://nice.sf.net