[kaffe] AWT Testcase

James Damour (Suvarov454) suvarov454 at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jun 26 15:30:08 PDT 2004

I'm trying to get my Java application to run under Kaffe CVS HEAD, and
I've spotted a couple of bugs.  Please note, that neither bug exists in
the GCJ CVS branch with all the recent Swing and AWT work, so Dalibor
may already be working on a patch to fix this problem.

Still, I want to document the issue, so we don't lose the problem.

First, the paramString() method on line 494 of
libraries/javalib/java/awt/Container.java calls
getLayout().getClass().getName(), without checking to see if layoutm is
null.

I've attached a test case to demonstrate the problem (click the button
on the screen, and watch the console for errors).  It probably isn't
needed, but it never hurts.  It also shows a problem with the layout,
but I've already sent in a test case for that.

Second, the paramString() method of
libraries/javalib/java/awt/Component.java uses String "+" operator
instead of a StringBuffer and append() calls.  This isn't a failure, per
se, just a sub-optimal performance choice.

James Damour