[kaffe] MIDP Application runs on KaffeVM

jserv@linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv@linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Fri Mar 26 01:22:01 2004

Hi all,

  I just made MIDP applications running on KaffeVM via ME4SE [1].
Since Kaffe is a PersonalJava-compatible implementation, Kaffe is
possible to run MIDP applications via ME4SE, and I did this
successfully. I took some screenshots:

  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/me4se-kaffe.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/me4se-kaffe2.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/me4se-kaffe3.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/me4se-kaffe4.png

  ME4SE could be invoked by command line such as:
$ /opt/bin/kaffe -cp dist/me4se.jar:dist/uidemo.zip
org.me4se.MIDletRunner org.me4se.samples.ui.UIDemo

  Also, I found a bug of appletviewer implemented in KaffeVM,
which resulted in a null screen while ME4SE running.

  I am surveying if I could improve ME4SE especially integration
with KaffeVM.

cheers,
Jim Huang