[kaffe] SwingWT (cvs) now runs on Kaffe!

jserv@linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw jserv@linux2.cc.ntu.edu.tw
Sun Mar 28 21:15:03 2004

Hi all,

  I am glad to inform the news that I successfully made SwingWT running
on KaffeVM without modifying any Kaffe's code. Be sure to use cvs
version of both KaffeVM and SwingWT (I worked on 0.81 PRE-260304), and
modify the build.xml to use jike as java compiler to ensure correct
bytecodes. After build process completed, write a script like this:

jserv@venux:~/expr/SwingWT$ cat run-demo
#!/bin/sh
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=`pwd`/lib/linux_gtk2:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

/opt/bin/kaffe -cp lib/linux_gtk2/swt-mozilla.jar:lib/linux_gtk2/swt.jar:lib/linux_gtk2/swt-pi.jar:lib/swingwt.jar \
        -Xss 128M \
        demo.Everything

Notice that Kaffe must run with the runtime flag -Xss 128M to ensure enough
JNI stack for running SwingWT. I took some screenshots:

  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/swingwt-demo.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/swingwt-set.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/swingwt-set2.png
  http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/swingwt-mdi.png