[kaffe] Re: problem

Riccardo zuse at libero.it
Mon Mar 1 02:17:02 PST 2004

In <20040228031818.19261.qmail at web40910.mail.yahoo.com> Guille Ludu
wrote:
> I have the Mandrake lastest distribution (9.2) and i¥ve installed
> kaffe from it, just becose the maple8 install needs a VM, but when i
> try to execute the installation bash script, i see this: Could not
> initialize VM then it ends øwhat is wrong?øcan somebody tell me?

you installed kaffe as a MDK package?

could you try to run a small java program like a hello world and see if
kaffe itself actually works as a java VM? If this is the case there is
maybe only some bad configuration.
If kaffe is broken on your installation you could try to build the
current 1.1.4 version (www.kaffe.org)

-R