[kaffe] No manifest found by kaffe

Jaakko Sarela jaakkos at james.hut.fi
Tue Mar 2 10:36:02 PST 2004

Hi

I've been trying to run cgoban v2.5.6 (see
http://www.kiseido.com/en_US/download.html for more details).

However, running a command 'kaffe -jar cgoban.jar' produces an error
message: No manifest found in ``cgoban.jar''.

I'm using kaffe version: Engine: Just-in-time v3   Version: 1.0.5
Java Version: 1.1.

cgoban  needs Java's JRE >=1.3. Is this the cause of the problem? If
so, there's not much I can do, right? If not, do you have any
suggestions, what might cause the problem?

jaska
"All work and no play may make Peter a dull boy as well as Jack."
     Charles Dickens (1853)