[kaffe] Re: [OFBiz] Dev - Re: good day for kaffe 1.1.4 and ofbiz 2.1

Adam Heath doogie at brainfood.com
Mon Mar 8 16:32:01 PST 2004

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> Adam Heath wrote:
> > kaffe 1.1.4 can now run ofbiz 2.1.  I haven't tried a later version of ofbiz.
>
> Thanks for the great news! Could you add the information on how to get
> it to run to the Moving Java to Main wiki on http://java.debian.net ?

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/kaffe
sh startofbiz.sh

Of course, ofbiz includes lots of jars in it's tarball and checkout.  I
haven't checked all of them(well, not any of them), to see how they fit in
with the DFSG.  Some of the jars included are there for the convience of
end-users, and aren't really used by ofbiz(unless this has changed in HEAD, I
last checked this for 2.1.  If it *is* the case, I'd like the unused jars to
be removed from cvs(hint to the ofbiz developers)).

> > Also, shutdown hooks in kaffe are not run.
>
> OK, that's bad. Do you have a small (5-10 lines) test case?

I'll make one.

==
bash-2.05b$ /usr/lib/kaffe/bin/java -cp . ShutdownHookTest
bash-2.05b$ /usr/lib/j2se/1.4/bin/java -cp . ShutdownHookTest
ShutdownHookTest thread running
bash-2.05b$ cat ShutdownHookTest.java
public class ShutdownHookTest
extends Thread
{
        public void run()
        {
                System.out.println( "ShutdownHookTest thread running" );
        }

        {
                ShutdownHookTest sht = new ShutdownHookTest();
                Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook( sht );
        }
}
==