[kaffe] More mipsel jit3

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Tue Mar 9 02:24:02 PST 2004

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 13:34:13 -0800
Casey Marshall <rsdio at metastatic.org> wrote:

> I've gone ahead and implemented translations for fcmpg, fcmpl, dcmpg,
> and dcmpl using C.cond.fmt. This gets me further in loading Kaffe (now
> System.checkPropertyAccess complains that "line.separator" is a
> zero-length key). Unfortunately, I am also getting an improper gc_free
> call, and thence a SIGSEGV, with jitBasic ControlFlowMethods.class.

You might want to remove the boolean_exception() method from
the ControlFlowMethods class (or move it to the end of the
class). It instantiates a new Throwable Object which causes
a whole bunch of methods to be translated and executed. On
arm and alpha this lead to a crash while creating a new thread
(the deleteHelper of java.io.File). This happens because the
java.lang.Thread constructor tries to access the ThreadGroup
of the current Thread which isn't created by the jit_stub.

The attached patch was an attempt to fix this, but I still
got the crash on arm. However if you're able to run the tests
with this patch, it's more likely to be a bug in the arm
jitter.

Regards,
Helmer