[kaffe] BUG: "dummy"

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Mar 15 06:10:03 PST 2004

Hi Guy,

Guy McArthur wrote:
> This is not a true bug, but nonetheless the word "dummy" in the
> unavailable options of appletviewer is a pretty silly, poor UI choice.
> Why not just have them greyed-out if they are not available?

Good question. The Appletviewer would need someone to give it some care,
and make it more useable.

So, it would be nice if you could take a look at the code is in
libraries/javalib/kaffe/applet/AppletViewer.java, and try to fix the
silly stuff, if you've got some time [1].

[1] Just make sure that you're not 'tainted', i.e. have looked at Sun's
sources, decompiled them, or signed an NDA that would prevent you from
contributing. We're a clean-room effort, and want to avoid someone
pulling an SCO on us.