[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.4: gnu.classpath.Configuration.CLASSPATH_VERSION

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Mar 15 08:42:02 PST 2004

Holger Schurig wrote:
> Here is a patch to fix this, it's against current CVS:
>
> PS: I patched only configure.in. Because configure is in CVS, too, it
> should be regenerated. And, oh, Configuration.java could/should be
> removed from CVS now.

Done. but unfortunately, it doesn't work that well (with kjc, at least):

[ start compilation in verbose mode ]
error:File "gnu/classpath/Configuration.java" not found
gmake[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 1

The problem is that Configuration.java is generated in the build
direectory, whereas the compiler is looking for the file in the source
directory. Automake allows for a (very useful) separation of source and
build directories.

I tried, but I couldn't get this to work.