[kaffe] CVS kaffe (dalibor): Small fix for JBoss crash and speed up for class loading

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Mar 16 15:41:02 PST 2004

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 4528
> Date: 2004/03/16 23:30:08
> Author: dalibor
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Small fix for JBoss crash and speed up for class loading
>
> 2004-03-16  Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org>
>
>         * libraries/javalib/java/util/zip/ZipFile.java
>         (close) Don't set zip to null when closing, otherwise
>         getEntry on a closed zip file will crash.
>         (closed) New field.
>         (checkIfClosed) New method.
>         (entries, getEntry, size): Use checkIfClosed.

JBoss will crash otherwise. It still doesn;t load until ZipFile.close()
is commented out completely, but then, with JAVA_OPTS set to "-Xss 256k
-Xmx 256M -Dbuild.compiler=kjc" the management console works well enough
for a JBoss 3.2.3 screenshot
http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/jboss-3.2.3-screenshot.png despite
numerous weird exceptions.

>         * libraries/javalib/kaffe/lang/PrimordialClassLoader.java
>         (bootjars): New field.
>         (findResources) Use bootjars to cache bootstrap jars.

That was a side effect of trying to get JBoss to run again, as I didn;t
like the PrimordialClassLoader opening and closing the same Zip files
all the time, so I cached them in a Hashtable. I hope there is a
positive effect on performance wrt class loading, but I haven't tried to
measure it.