[kaffe] Cross compilation on MacOS X - need a little help

Michael Franz developer.franz at verizon.net
Fri May 21 05:13:31 PDT 2004

Nikolaus,

On Friday, May 21, 2004, at 02:56 AM, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:

> Am 21.05.2004 um 04:42 schrieb Michael Franz:
>
>> The native compilation will not work.  It will compile, but does not
>> produce a working version of Kaffe (on Mac OS X).  If you want to
>> cross compile, I would recommend starting with a different platform.
>
> Understood. Is it already known where to start looking for the
> problem? I would like to help but am not yet experienced with the
> kaffe system.

I don't know where the problem is.  I have been looking into this for a
while, but I don't know enough about kaffe either.

> And, what is the main output of the bootstrapping process: rt.jar? Can
> this be created using Apple's javac?

Apple's javac should work, but I have never used it for this.  I have
imported the source into Eclipse and then export the jar.  I think
there is some Win32 class that will not compile without the correct
setup.  I just deleted it(them).

> Many thanks,
> Nikolaus
Michael