[kaffe] JARPATH implementation

pancake sergipop at mx3.redestb.es
Fri May 21 11:09:02 PDT 2004

I was thinking about how to implement a simple way to add a lot of jar files
without the fucking hard way of manual handling, and my idea looks like this
simple script.

:---
JARPATH="/usr/pkg/share/classpath:/usr/pkg/lib/java:$JARPATH"
JARPATH=`echo $JARPATH | awk '{ gsub(/:/," "); print $0}'`

for A in $JARPATH ; do
	for B in `ls $A/*.jar 2> /dev/null` ; do
		CLASSPATH=$B:$CLASSPATH
	done
done

echo $CLASSPATH
:---

Well the main idea of JARPATH environment is something like CLASSPATH environ
but instead pointing to JAR files, pointing to the dirs containing these files,
like LD_LIBRARY_PATH does.

It's very useful, and would be nice to patch 'bin/kaffe' script-wrapper to
allow this feature.

What do you think?