[kaffe] Re: NEWS: GNU Classpath's AWT/Swing now runs on KaffeVM.

¶À·q¸s jserv at debian.linux.org.tw
Sat May 22 09:15:02 PDT 2004

Arnaud Vandyck arnaud.vandyck at ulg.ac.be wrote:
> Excellent! many thanks for the great work of all devs! :-D
>>   http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/cp-awt.png
>>   http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/screenshots/cp-awt2.png
>   We will merge GNU Classpath's AWT/Swing in the next release soon.
> NOW! NOW! NOW! :-D
> Cheers,
> Arnaud Vandyck

Thanks!

I updated my tarball to adapt Kaffe's recent -Xbootclasspath support
in cvs, and it is much easier to merge GNU Classpath's AWT implement-
ation with Kaffe. Here are updated instructions:

1. Fetch the tarball
  # wget http://jserv.sayya.org/kaffe/cpawt-kaffe.tgz
  # tar zxvf cpawt-kaffe.tgz
  # cd cpawt-kaffe

2. Modify "config" according to Kaffe's path
  # vi config

3. Build
  # sh build
  NOTE:
    a) Make sure you have latest Kaffe cvs checked out
    b) the "build" script will automatically cvs checkout GNU Classpath

4. Run the WidgetDemo
  # cd src/clib
  # ./run.sh

That's all.