[kaffe] CVS kaffe-extras (guilhem): Fix for KJC: check for real unreachable blocks in a if statement.

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Sat May 22 11:09:02 PDT 2004

Kaffe CVS wrote:
> PatchSet 35
> Date: 2004/05/22 17:34:48
> Author: guilhem
> Branch: HEAD
> Tag: (none)
> Log:
> Fix for KJC: check for real unreachable blocks in a if statement.
>
>         * kjc/JIfStatement.java
>         (analyse): Check whether the context is actually reachable. It is the
>         case if the condition is a constant.

A postit: this is not the right thing to do as I first thought. But
preventing kjc from generating code after the analyse (especially in a
parent block) is rather complicated and I'll have to modify partially
the API. For the moment, kjc will return a "code unreachable" error.
Maybe I can add a new flow state in the context, or find a way to
disable code generation to the next meaningful block (a catch, a else, a
switch case).

Cheers,

Guilhem.