[kaffe] Re: kaffe for m68k/linux and m68k/netbsd

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed May 26 18:42:04 PDT 2004

>thanks a lot for testing it. Should I add the packed attribute to the
>two remaining fields anyway?

I found m68k/netbsd's problem comes from it's argument passing for
jit code. Via sysdepCallMethod, fp (frame pointer) or sp points
wrong place (4 bytes biased) and every argument becomes meaningless.

I am now investigating whether it comes from sysdepCallMethod part
or jit definition. Anyway, the same code works fine (including jitted
code) on m68k/linux...

Kiyo
P.S. My feeling is this should be the last bug to make it work with
     HelloWorldApp.